How to serve buratta? I just love roasted peppers with burrata. I won’t lie, it’s a bit of a hassle, but it’s worth it. It’s the perfect combination of the burrata’s creamy flavor and the sweetness of the roasted peppers. You can also use soft Mozzarella di Buffala for this dish.
Burrata with roasted pepper cream
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||MAKES|
|30-40 minutes||7-10 minutes||2 servings|
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 1 burrata
- 5 Kapia peppers (you can take 3-4 bell pepper)
- ½ tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Several arugula leaves or basil to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 240-250 °C / 460-480 °F. Or use the highest grill setting.
2. Cover a baking tray with parchment paper, so it will be easier to clean. Place the peppers and bake until blackened on all sides. Immediately from the oven, put the peppers in a container and cover tightly to sweat them out. You can also put the peppers in a bag, tie it, and leave it for 20-25 minutes.
3. Take the peppers out of the container and peel them, remove the stalk, and get rid of the seeds. Just rinse them off under running water. Put peppers in the small bowl of a blender, add the vinegar, oil, and salt. Blend until smooth.
4. Pour the pepper sauce into a deep bowl. Slice the burrata a little and place on top of the peppers. Lightly salt. Add arugula or basil. Drizzle with truffle oil, if desired.
Subscribe for my free weekly newsletter!
More recipes with burrata cheese
What to Cook This Week?