I promise you will love this recipe. Just put everything in a baking dish and you have fish, vegetables, and sauce. Perfect!
Whole sea bass baked in curry sauce with carrots, potatoes, and spinach
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||MAKES|
|10 minutes||40-50 minutes||2 servings|
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 1 sea bass (800-900 g, 28-32 oz)
- ½ (40 g, 1.5 oz) onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ chili pepper
- 4-5 cm ginger root
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 100 ml (7 tbsp) cream, 20% fat (you can use coconut cream)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5-6 baby potatoes
- 4-5 small baby carrots
- 2 large bunches of spinach
- 3 tbsp cashews
1. Preheat the oven to 220 °C (430 °F). Clean the sea bass, gut it, and cut off the head. Slice the fish every 4 cm on both sides.
2. Peel the potatoes and carrots. If the vegetables are too large, cut them into 2-4 pieces. Put them in a pot and add cold water. Bring to a boil, add salt, and simmer for 15 minutes until the potatoes are half cooked. Drain the water.
3. Dice the onion. Finely chop the garlic, but do not crush it with a garlic press. Finely chop the chili pepper. Grate the ginger on a grater.
4. Mix curry powder, turmeric, ⅔ tsp salt, cream, olive oil, and 3 tbsp cold water.
5. Put the fish in a large baking dish. Pour on the cream and spices. Make sure to get into the cuts and inside the sea bass.
6. A total of 800-900 g (28-32 oz) of fish will take about 40 minutes to cook. Periodically, every 7-10 minutes, spoon the sauce over the fish. After 20 minutes, carefully turn the fish (this is easier to do with two wide spatulas). You don’t have to turn it, but it cooks the fish evenly.
7. After 15 minutes of baking the fish, add the potatoes and carrots to the dish. Pour in 100 ml (0,4 cup) water and spread the sauce well over the potatoes and vegetables.
8. Sort the spinach, tear off the stems, and rinse well of sand.
9. Take the fish out of the oven and transfer to a plate.
10. Place the spinach and cashews in the dish with the potatoes. Stir. If the sauce is too thick, add 3-4 tbsp water. Put it back in the oven. Bake for 5 minutes, until the spinach is bright green.
11. Stir again. Place vegetables on a plate with the fish and serve.
Please leave your feedback. I’m really looking forward to it!
Get new recipe to your inbox.
What to Cook This Week?