This recipe makes perfect airy pancakes. They are prepared without sugar, so you can complement them with both sweet and savory additions. They absorb a topping perfectly.
You can make these pancakes with almond milk or use gluten-free flour. But you can’t make pancakes without eggs.
What can pancakes be served with?
You can caramelize bananas, peaches, or apples with raisins and cinnamon. Dust strawberries with sugar, serve with bacon and maple syrup, just maple syrup, or with sour cream or caramel.
Pancakes are made without sugar, so you can complement them with both sweet and savory additions. For example, fried eggs, scrambled eggs with bacon, or poached eggs with hollandaise sauce.
What do I love with them? Here’s my favorite strawberry sauce. Fresh strawberries are essential for it.
Strawberry Sauce for Pancakes
You can make a sauce with just strawberries without adding sugar or condensed milk.
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 0.5 kg fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk (or 1 tbsp powdered sugar)
1. Pulp half of the strawberries in a blender and strain through a sieve to remove the seeds.
2. Cut the rest of the strawberries into slices or chunks.
3. Mix the chopped and ground strawberries, add the sweetened condensed milk and mix.
4. And we pour this fragrant strawberry sauce over the pancakes. I also like to add cottage cheese, sour cream, and sprinkle with blueberries.
SUGAR FREE PANCAKES RECIPE
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||MAKES|
|10 minutes||15-20 minutes||6 pieces|
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 3 large eggs
- 140 ml milk
- 120 g flour
- 1 heaping tsp of baking powder (10 g)
- Pinch of salt
1. In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks, milk, flour, and baking powder. Stir until smooth.
2. In a clean bowl, whisk the whites with a pinch of salt into stiff peaks, so that the bowl can be turned over and the whites don’t run out. Remember, if the dish is wet or slightly greasy, the whites will not whip up.
It’s important to beat the whites well using a mixer, into stiff peaks like on a meringue – if you turn the bowl over, the whites won’t drip out. The bowl should be perfectly clean, dry, and not greasy. Even a small amount of fat or water in the bowl can prevent the whites from whipping.
3. Add the whipped egg whites to the dough and gently mix with a spoon in one direction.
4. Preheat a non-stick skillet. Brush with vegetable oil and wipe with a paper towel. If the pan is old and the coating is damaged, grease the skillet with oil before each pancake.
Be sure to heat the skillet well, but cook over low heat. American pancakes are made in a dry skillet only, as a rule. But if you have a cast-iron or old non-stick skillet and are worried that the pancake will stick, add (just a little!) vegetable oil to the pan using a cooking brush and wipe it off with a paper towel.
5. Pour 3-4 tablespoons of dough into the skillet. Do not spread it out! Fry over low heat until dark golden brown. Turn it over.
If you pour a lot of dough in the skillet and the pancake is thick, cover the skillet with a lid after turning the pancake over.
6. Stack the pancakes on top of each other and pour on melted butter or whatever you like! Serve immediately!
You can find a detailed video of this recipe on the Youtube channel.
By the way, on my YouTube channel Bible of taste I have more interesting video recipes.
Some people asked me. Can they make egg-free pancakes? My fluffy pancakes cannot be made without eggs. But our friends have a recipe for thin absolutely vegan Super Easy Vegan Crepes by Gari at thisthatmore.blog
Get new recipe to your inbox.