This is one of my favorite cauliflower recipes. It’s also very simple. You don’t have to boil the cauliflower first and then roast each piece.
You can serve this cauliflower as a main dish or as a side dish to meat or chicken. The cream soaks into the cauliflower and forms a creamy sauce for it after baking. You can use coconut cream.
Cauliflower baked in cream in an oven
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||MAKES|
|3-5 minutes||40 minutes||2 servings|
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 100 ml cooking cream, 20% fat
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 2 pinches of dried garlic
- ⅓ tsp salt
- ½ tsp chili flakes (or ground chili to taste)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A few sprigs of thyme
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Fresh chili peppers
- Zest of half a lemon
- 3 sprigs of parsley
1. Break the cauliflower into florets. Preheat the oven to 230 °C (450 °F). Use convection mode.
2. In a wide baking dish, mix together all the spices (turmeric, paprika, garlic, chili), salt, olive oil, and diced butter. Pour in the cream.
3. Add the cauliflower florets and mix thoroughly to evenly distribute the cream and spices.
4. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the cauliflower over and bake for another 20-25 minutes. Check the readiness with a knife. I like it to be a little crispy.
5. Slice the chili peppers thinly. Roast the pumpkin seeds in a dry pan until they puff up. Wash the parsley and tear off the leaves.
6. Take the cauliflower out of the oven, cool slightly for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with seeds, chili peppers, lemon zest and parsley leaves.
Please leave your feedback. I’m really looking forward to it!
Get new recipe to your inbox.
What to Cook This Week?