I use Barilla bucatini. I love it. It’s like thick spaghetti, only with a hole in it. But you can use any pasta. Penne, fettuccine, or regular spaghetti will do.
I use Danablu cheese. It’s just the way it should be. Perfect. Not too salty, soft and creamy. But you can use any blue mold cheese, Dorblue, Cambazola, or a not-too-pungent Gorgonzola will do.
It’s perfect with red wine.
Blue cheese pasta with pear and walnuts
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||MAKES|
|3-5 minutes||15 minutes||2 servings|
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 170 g bucatini
- 100 g Danablu or Dorblue cheese
- ½ soft pear (I use the Lucas variety)
- A handful of walnuts
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp (35g) butter
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 220 °C (430 °F) or use the grill mode.
2. Slice the pear, drizzle with olive oil and honey. Bake until soft, about 10 minutes.
You can cook the pear in a skillet. Also pour olive oil and honey over it and cook each piece over low heat until soft, on both sides.
3. Roast the walnuts in a dry pan and coarsely chop with a knife.
4. In a large bowl, mix the yolks with the chopped parsley and olive oil. Add salt and black pepper, and diced butter.
5. Boil the pasta as indicated on the package (save some of the water in which it was boiled).
6. Immediately add the hot pasta to the bowl with the sauce and stir.
7. Transfer back into the pot (the pot is still hot and this will help the yolk to cook). Add 2-3 tbsp of pasta water. Stir vigorously. The pasta should be slippery. If not, add more water.
8. Spread the pasta on the plates, add the pear slices, break the cheese with your hands, and sprinkle with nuts.
Other pasta recipes – LANGOUSTINE TOMATO PASTA
Please leave your feedback. I’m really looking forward to it!
Get new recipe to your inbox.
What to Cook This Week?