I keep a box of langoustines in the freezer, so I always have everything I need to make this pasta. I’m a big fan of Barilla pasta (and this is not an ad). My favorite kinds are spaghetti #7 and bucatini, which is like very thick spaghetti, only with a hole inside. If you don’t have tomatoes, you can use 2-3 tbsp of canned diced Italian tomatoes. Shrimp can always be substituted for langoustines, and, if you like, add calamari.
LANGOUSTINE TOMATO PASTA
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||MAKES|
|7 minutes||20 minutes||2 servings|
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 180 g spaghetti or other pasta
- 1.5 c (10-14) cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley leaves
- ¼ chili pepper
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil for frying
1. Put a large pot of water on the stove and bring it to a boil. Add 1 tsp salt.
2. Clean the langoustines, cut along the back with a small knife, and remove the intestinal tract. Dry on a paper towel.
3. Chop the garlic and chili finely. Cut the tomatoes into halves.
4. Boil the pasta until al dente. Cook for half a minute less than indicated on the package.
5. Heat the olive oil in a skillet and add butter. Add the langoustines and fry on both sides over medium heat. It takes a couple minutes. Add chilies and garlic. Stir and cook over low heat for about 10 seconds.
6. Add tomatoes and mustard to the langoustines. Cook, stirring over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
7. Drain the pasta. Save 1 cup of water. Return the pasta to the pot. Add the langoustines and tomatoes and stir. Keep on low heat.
If your skillet is large enough to hold the pasta, you can add the spaghetti to the langoustines rather than the other way around.
8. Pour 3-4 tbsp of water into the pan where the langoustines were fried and scrape off anything that stuck. Pour into the pasta.
9. Add pine nuts, parmesan, and parsley. Add pepper and stir. Taste the pasta and add salt, if necessary. The pasta should be very slippery, if it is not, add a couple more spoonfuls of the water the spaghetti was boiled in. Remove from the heat. Leave it in the pot for another 30 seconds. Arrange on plates and serve.
Please help other readers by leaving a review in the comments.
Get new recipe to your inbox.
What to Cook This Week?