If simply serving melon slices with jamón seems too bland to you or just lacks spice, try this recipe. It’s also a lifesaver for a melon that doesn’t taste too good. If the melon is not sweet at all, add twice as much honey. As for the jamon, if possible take jamón serrano.
Pickled Melon and Jamon
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||MAKES|
|2-3 minutes||30-40 minutes||2 servings|
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 300 g (10 oz) melon
- 1tbsp (20 g) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 g) rose wine vinegar (white, rose or balsamic)
- 2 tbsp (30 g) water
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- 1 small sprig of rosemary
- 1 pinch of salt
- Remove the rind and seeds from the melon. Chop into cubes.
- In a small saucepan, combine honey, vinegar, water, chili flakes, rosemary, and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Pour the marinade over the melon and stir.
- Stir the melon and marinade from time to time so that all the pieces marinate evenly. The melon is ready when the marinade cools.
- Serve the melon cubes separately, because otherwise the melon can make the jamon wet.
New recipes in your inbox!
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
More appetizers for wine
What to Cook This Week?