I love these sweet and meaty quail, conker-shiny in their vaguely Chinese marinade.
I love these flavorful, juicy and meaty quails in Greek yogurt. You can serve potatoes with them. Just boil it until half cooked before baking, about 10 minutes. Or just serve this Waldorf salad, Potato Radish Salad or this Israeli Red Cabbage Salad.
Oven Baked Quail with Sweet Potato in Greek Yogurt
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 2 quails (220-250 g, 8-9 oz each)
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp any hot sauce (like Sriracha, or any red less spicy sauce)
- 4 cm ginger root
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 pinches dried garlic
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||MAKES|
|60 minutes||45 minutes||2 servings|
- Grate the ginger on a fine grater. Mix Greek yogurt, ginger, Sriracha, vinegar, salt, dry garlic, and ginger.
- Grease the quails on all sides, inside and out. Put them in a bowl, cover the bowl with cling wrap and let them marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 230°C / 450°F.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and cut them into large chunks. Place the pieces in a baking dish. Pour in vegetable oil and a couple of pinches of salt. Stir the sweet potatoes with your hands to evenly distribute the salt and oil. Lay the quails next to each other in the pan, breast side up, scatter rosemary leaves, and place in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Every 15 minutes, turn the quails over.
New recipes in your inbox!
You may like these too…