Another very good combination for goose fillet – this time it’s goose fillet with pineapple! Of course, you can also prepare a duck breast according to this recipe. By the way here I have a video recipe for Duck Breast with Pear. Here is a popular recipe for baked Duck Leg and Crispy Baked Potatoes with Apples, Onions and Tangerines.
GOOSE BREAST RECIPE WITH PINEAPPLE AND CARAMELIZED ONION
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||MAKES|
|10 minutes||40-50 minutes||2 servings|
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 2 goose fillets
- 1 baby pineapple
- 2 onions
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp honey (you can use sugar)
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar (can be replaced with any vinegar, lemon or orange juice)
- ⅓ tsp chili flakes
- 1 anise star
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 g) butter
- Salt, pepper, basil leaves
Remove the goose breasts in advance from the refrigerator. It is desirable that the fillet is at room temperature.
- Cut the onion into rings, but not too thin. Preheat a skillet. Add the 1 tbsp vegetable oil and 1 tbsp butter. Fry the onion until soft, add the anise star.
If you haven’t discovered the combination of onion and anise yet, be sure to try it!
- Add the curry and honey. Stir well. When the onion is dark, pour in the balsamic vinegar. Cook until dark golden brown. At the end, pour in 40 ml of water and let it evaporate. Remove the anise star.
- Cut the skin of the goose fillet, so that you get a mesh. Place the fillets in a dry skillet.
I cook the fillets in a non-stick or cast-iron pan and they don’t stick. If you are not sure about your pan, brush with vegetable oil (just a little).
- Cook over low heat until the skin turns golden (it usually takes 15-20 minutes). Turn the fillets over and cook for another 10 minutes. From time to time, drizzle the grease over the goose.
- Transfer the fillets to a plate, skin up, and let rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice. Blot the juice with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
To thinly slice the fillets without damaging the skin, it is best to put the breast skin-side down on a cutting board and cut it.
- Peel the pineapple. Slice 1 cm thick.
- Brush a grill pan with 1 tbsp of butter. Place the pineapple in the pan and fry over medium heat until dark stripes appear on both sides.
- Sprinkle the pineapple with chili pepper.
You can use any skillet, but then you will not have beautiful stripes.
- Place the pineapple on a plate, top with the goose breast and caramelized onion. Sprinkle with pine nuts and basil leaves. Enjoy your meal!
Get new recipe to your inbox.
What to Cook This Week?