I definitely love this chicken. Poussin with lemon, honey, garlic, rosemary, and mustard.
How does it taste? Spicy. A sour-sweet, slightly mustardy viscous sauce. It has all the fullness of flavor. You will definitely like it.
What part of the chicken to use? I just love frozen little French poussins. But you can use chicken thighs, legs, wings, or fillets with skin. Or just use a large chicken and chop it up into pieces.
What to eat with the chicken? What’s the garnish? You can add sliced yams or any vegetables right into the baking dish. For example, sweet peppers, zucchini, or fennel. Remember that potatoes, carrots, broccoli, or cauliflower need to be boiled until semi-cooked before adding to the baking dish. Chicken in a lemon-honey marinade is perfect with plain boiled rice, pasta, or mashed potatoes.
Mustard. If you have a few types of mustard, add different ones to the marinade. Mix in grainy and creamy mustards. Or spicy and sweet.
Chicken in Honey-Lemon Marinade with Rosemary, Mustard, Pepper and Garlic
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||MAKES|
|65 minutes||40-50 minutes||2 servings|
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 600 g (1.3 lb) chicken (thighs, legs, or wings)
- 1.5 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 3 pinches of dried garlic
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp grainy mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- Chop the chicken into equally-sized pieces.
- Remove the zest from a lemon with a special knife or a fine grater. Squeeze out the juice. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade, add rosemary leaves.
- Add the chunks of chicken and mix thoroughly. So that the marinade evenly coats the chicken. This can be done right in the baking dish. Occasionally go back and stir the chicken in the marinade. Leave it on the table for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 230°C. Place the chicken in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes. Turn the chicken pieces every 10-15 minutes to keep them from drying out.
Cooking time depends on the size of your chicken pieces. If you’re not sure if it’s ready, take out 1 piece of dark meat and cut it in the thickest place near the bone.
New recipes in your inbox
You may like these too…
What to Cook This Week?