I already have a great recipe for Christmas-flavored duck legs. It’s popular and everyone likes it. That’s Duck legs baked with tangerines, apples, and Chinese five-spice powder. Check out both of these duck leg and thigh recipes.
This recipe for duck legs is very quick and easy. You just need to put them in a baking dish, just don’t forget to flip them. If you don’t have pears, you can replace them with apples or don’t use any fruit at all.
There’s a magical combination of spices here. You get a full, complex flavor and aroma in an oriental style. Anise, rosemary, cinnamon, and onion combine and dance for your receptors.
Ок, How to cook a duck leg?
Baked Duck Leg with Potato, Onions, and Pears
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||MAKES|
|3 minutes||90 minutes||2 servings|
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 2 duck legs
- 4 potatoes
- 1 red onion
- 2 medium pears
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 2 stars of Chinese anise (badian)
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1-2 pinches chili pepper (flakes or regular)
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ⅔ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Mix together the oil, soy sauce, honey, salt, pepper, chili, cinnamon, and rosemary leaves.
- Place the duck legs in a large, deep baking dish. Brush them liberally with the marinade on both sides. Place the Chinese anise stars.
- Bake for 1 hour. Turn the duck every 20 minutes.
- When the marinade begins to scorch (in about 20-30 minutes), add 2 tbsp water to the baking dish.
- Peel the potatoes. Cut into halves. Cover with cold water, bring to a boil, and cook until half-cooked, 10 minutes. Drain the water and lightly salt.
- Peel the onion and cut it into four pieces.
After an hour, go back to the duck. Check its readiness with a wooden skewer or toothpick. The duck should pierce and fall off the toothpick easily. If the duck is still tough, continue to cook it at the same temperature, turning it over and don’t add the vegetables yet.
- After one hour, increase the temperature to 210°C / 410°F. Add the potatoes and onions to the duck in the baking dish. Spread the gravy over the vegetables and bake for 15-20 minutes. Don’t forget to flip the duck!
- Cut the pear into 4 pieces (into 6 pieces if the pear is large). Cut out the core with a knife.
- Add the pear to the baking dish. Put the duck skin side up. Coat all the vegetables and duck with the gravy with a cooking brush. Bake until the pears are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Subscribe for my free weekly newsletter!
More recipes with duck and chicken
What to Cook This Week?