How does it taste? Bright, creamy, and very simple. Choose a delicious ricotta for this recipe. The taste of the finished dish really depends on it.
What to drink? A red light wine like Pinot Noir or a white wine would be great.
What else can you add to your pasta? Shrimp, cherry tomatoes, basil and parsley are great.
Remember, ricotta has a slightly grainy texture. You have to love it to make this recipe.
I love the sourness the capers add. So, if you decide to skip this ingredient, taste the sauce before mixing it with the pasta. You may need more lemon juice.
Spinach Lemon Ricotta Pasta
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||MAKES|
|5 minutes||25-30 minutes||2 servings|
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 180 g (6.5 oz) bucatini or other pasta
- 220 g (8 oz) ricotta
- 35 g (5.5 tbsp) grated parmesan
- 250 g (9 oz) spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of half a lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 15 g (1 tbsp) butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- Sort the spinach. Thoroughly rinse off any dirt and sand. Cut off the thick stems.
- Finely dice the garlic with a knife. Put the butter and garlic in a deep, cold skillet. Turn on minimum heat. When the butter is melted, toast the garlic, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes. The garlic should not change color.
- Pour in 2 tablespoons of water and add the spinach leaves. Cover with the lid. When the spinach starts to wilt from the bottom, remove the lid and stir it. Cook uncovered until bright green. Add salt.
- In a large bowl, mash the ricotta with a fork. Mix with parmesan, olive oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Salt and pepper it. Try it, it should be delicious.
- Boil the pasta as directed on the package. Save some water. Lightly toast the pine nuts in a dry skillet.
- Mix the spinach with the ricotta.
- Add the pasta and capers. Stir and pour in some of the water in which the pasta was cooked. Start with 1 tablespoon. I needed 5 tablespoons. The paste should be slick.
- Arrange the pasta on plates, sprinkle with pine nuts, serve immediately.
New recipes in your inbox
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
You may like these too…
What to Cook This Week?