Very tasty! Moist with an intoxicating aroma.
With this recipe, you can bake a standard Banana Bread in a rectangular pan. But then keep it in the oven longer (40-45 minutes). If you don’t have walnuts and raisins, use candied fruit, chopped apricots, and any nuts, such as unsalted peanuts. In addition to the walnuts and oatmeal flakes, I used some chopped peeled almonds for the sprinkles, but this is optional.
Banana Spice Muffins
Banana Raisin Muffins with Walnuts and Spices
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||MAKES|
|7-10 minutes||30 minutes||9 muffins|
INGREDIENTS (for 9 muffins)
- 3 ripe (400 g with peel) bananas
- 1 egg
- 70 g (3½ tbsp) butter, melted
- 60 g (⅓ cup) sugar
- 120 g (⅔ cup + 2 tbsp) all-purpose flour
- 100 g (1 cup) walnuts
- 30 g (3 tbsp) raisins
- ⅓ tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- ⅔ tsp soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oatmeal
- 1 tbsp almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F. Peel and mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add the egg, pour in the melted butter. Stir in the sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, flour, and baking soda. Stir.
- Coarsely chop the nuts with a knife. Set aside 2 tbsp of nuts for sprinkles.
- Add nuts and raisins to the dough. Mix well.
- If you are using an iron muffin pan, grease it with butter. Spread the dough evenly into the molds. Mix the rest of the nuts with a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, and oatmeal. Sprinkle over the muffins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (I baked them for 25 minutes). Check the readiness with a toothpick, it should come out clean.
- Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes. Remove from the muffin pan. Enjoy!
Subscribe for my free weekly newsletter!
What to Cook This Week?