Very tasty! Moist with an intoxicating aroma.
With this recipe, you can bake a standard Banana Bread in a rectangular pan. But then keep it in the oven longer (40-45 minutes). If you don’t have walnuts and raisins, use candied fruit, chopped apricots, and any nuts, such as unsalted peanuts. In addition to the walnuts and oatmeal flakes, I used some chopped peeled almonds for the sprinkles, but this is optional.
Banana Spice Muffins
Banana Raisin Muffins with Walnuts and Spices
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||MAKES|
|7-10 minutes||30 minutes||9 muffins|
INGREDIENTS (for 9 muffins)
- 3 ripe (400 g with peel) bananas
- 1 egg
- 70 g (3½ tbsp) butter, melted
- 60 g (⅓ cup) sugar
- 120 g (⅔ cup + 2 tbsp) all-purpose flour
- 100 g (1 cup) walnuts
- 30 g (3 tbsp) raisins
- ⅓ tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- ⅔ tsp soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oatmeal
- 1 tbsp almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F. Peel and mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add the egg, pour in the melted butter. Stir in the sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, flour, and baking soda. Stir.
- Coarsely chop the nuts with a knife. Set aside 2 tbsp of nuts for sprinkles.
- Add nuts and raisins to the dough. Mix well.
- If you are using an iron muffin pan, grease it with butter. Spread the dough evenly into the molds. Mix the rest of the nuts with a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, and oatmeal. Sprinkle over the muffins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (I baked them for 25 minutes). Check the readiness with a toothpick, it should come out clean.
- Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes. Remove from the muffin pan. Enjoy!
Subscribe for my free weekly newsletter!
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
What to Cook This Week?