A simple, smooth carrot puree can serve as a side dish, sauce, or even soup with a little more liquid. Today I’m making puree with Asian notes. It contains ginger, coriander, and chilli. You can play with different tastes. Add a little curry mixture to the carrot puree. You can skip the spices if you don’t like them.
If you like richer creamy purees, feel free to add coconut milk instead of water. And it’s better to use half water and half regular or coconut cream. You can also use vegetable broth for a richer flavour. In the end, it is very important to add butter. The texture will be richer and smoother.
Adding a little lemon juice or vinegar will add spice to the puree’s taste and combine everything.
By the way, you can make mashed potatoes with fried carrots in a pan. But I prefer roasted vegetables. They have more flavour and density.
Chicken meatballs, falafel, fish, or baked vegetables go well with this vegetable puree.
Carrot Puree with ginger and coriander without milk
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||MAKES|
|5-7 minutes||30 minutes||2 servings|
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 13 oz (350 g) carrots
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- ⅓ tsp ground coriander
- ⅔ cup (150 ml) water
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 pinch of chilli
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Cut carrots into equal pieces. Put them in a baking dish. Drizzle with oil and salt.
You can stew carrots in a pan on the stove.
- Bake carrots for 20 minutes. Add chopped onion, coriander, and half the butter. Bake 10 more minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic. Stir. Bake for 3 minutes. Pour in 150 ml of water and stir so that the garlic is underwater and doesn’t burn. Bake for 10-15 minutes until carrots are soft. They shouldn’t fall apart, check if they are done with a knife. It should go in easily.
- Put the carrots, along with the liquid, into a tall glass or bowl, add the vinegar, chilli, and remaining butter. Grind with an immersion blender.
- Taste and salt if needed.
UKRAINIAN HOME COOKING
Favorite recipes with love
Order the cookbook on Amazon.
50% of each sale will be donated to Charity to help the children and people of Ukraine.
You may like these too…