Bright, deliciously, healthy beet hummus, very easily made recipe for beetroot hummus from baked or boiled beets, chickpeas and tahini. Enjoy with warm pita bread.
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||MAKES|
|5 minutes||10 minutes||3-4 servings|
INGREDIENTS (serves 2-3)
- 1 large cooked beetroot (250 g, boiled or baked and peeled)
- 16 oz (450 g) canned chickpeas (or boiled)
- 3 tbsp (70g) tahini
- 2 garlic clove
- ½ lemon (2-3 tbsp) lemon juice
- ⅓ tsp coriander
- ⅓ tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ⅔ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup (40 g) walnuts for serving
- Cut boiled or baked beets into pieces.
- Set aside 2 tbsp of whole chickpeas for garnish.
- Put the rest of the chickpeas, beetroot, tahini, lemon juice, chopped garlic, coriander and cumin, olive oil and salt into the blender bowl.
- Blend until smooth. Check the texture and try. Add a bit chickpeas water if needed.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Roast the walnuts in a dry frying pan. Chop with a knife.
- Put hummus on a plate in the center. Spread the hummus on a plate with a tablespoon. Move the plate in a circular motion with one hand, and move the spoon from the center to the edges. Garnish with whole chickpeas and walnuts, drizzle with olive oil.
UKRAINIAN HOME COOKING
Favorite recipes with love
The book is available on Amazon in different countries.
50% of each sale will be donated to Charity to help the children and people of Ukraine.