It’s really hundreds of times better than ready-made hummus in a jar with a bunch of preservatives. Buy a can of tahini and canned chickpeas and you’ll have homemade hummus anytime in 5 minutes. Of course, you can use not only canned, but also boiled chickpeas.
Canned chickpea hummus
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||MAKES|
|2-3 minutes||10 minutes||3-4 servings|
INGREDIENTS (serves 2-3)
- 14 oz (400 g) canned chickpeas
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or juice of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ tsp coriander
- ⅓ tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Set aside 2 tbsp of whole chickpeas for garnish.
- Put the rest of the chickpeas with liquid, tahini, lemon juice, chopped garlic, spices, oil, and half the salt into the blender bowl.
- Blend until smooth. Check the texture and try. Add more water and salt if needed. 5 tbsp of water and ½ tsp of salt were enough for me.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Put it on a plate in the center. Spread the hummus on a plate with a tablespoon. Move the plate in a circular motion with one hand, and move the spoon from the center to the edges. Garnish with whole chickpeas and drizzle with regular or spicy olive oil. Sprinkle with chili or paprika to taste.
UKRAINIAN HOME COOKING
Favorite recipes with love
The book is available on Amazon in different countries.
50% of each sale will be donated to Charity to help the children and people of Ukraine.